Thursday, April 7, 2011

"It's a Family Affair" Part 2

There is a knock at the door. Chelsea gets up and opens it. Aaron and his sister stand there. Uma is holding a stack of papers. This makes Chelsea nervous. What does this mean? Monkeys are very intelligent and trustworthy, but she has never been in this situation before.

"OK, guys, I know you know what's up. This isn't an advice session. I'm just helping you with some technicalities. Let's sit at the dining room table."

Uma, Aaron, and Chelsea sit down around the stack of paperwork. It is revealed that the paperwork is for a  rehab center. Aaron and Chelsea start filling the papers out. Once they've filled out the forms, however, there seem to be more forms.

"What's this all about?" Aaron asks, indicating the extra forms.
"Ah. Yes, both of you could face some jail time because of your career choices, so I've acquired some clearance forms from pretty high up. I can't tell you how high up, but it's up there, and definitely legit," Uma assures Aaron and Chelsea.

Aaron and Chelsea fill out all the forms. Uma then accompanies them to a post office to send off the rehab forms, and the local police department to turn in the legal clearance forms.

"How did you manage to pull all this off? I mean, it's pretty amazing," Aaron asks his sister.
"I've helped a lot of people. And they all want to help me in return. Simple," Uma explains.

A few months later, Chelsea and Aaron are sitting in the garden at a rehab center somewhere deep in the woods in Northern California. They sip on ice tea and are feeling pretty good after an intensive period of withdrawal symptoms. The people at the rehab center have helped them find connections and places that are willing to hire people with troubled pasts. Chelsea and Aaron are waiting for Uma to come by that day and pay a visit.

It's mid afternoon, and the two friends are sitting in the lobby. Uma strides in confidently and spots them, and rushes over to say hello.

"Hey, long time no see! How are you?" Uma exclaims.
"Oh, fine, much better. Thanks so much," Aaron and Chelsea answer.

After some talking and filling out of more forms, the three happy friends are headed back to San Francisco, and Uma has jobs for both Aaron and Chelsea.

"OK, so you keep on telling us that we'll love our new jobs, and that we'll be doing great things. So, what is it?" Chelsea asks.
"Haha, you'll see," Uma answers.

Uma leads the two into her house. "OK, make yourselves at home," she says.

Uma grabs a book from a tall shelf. She brings it to her brother and his friend.
"OK, you can sign up in here if you wish. But you'll need to be committed. I know you have strong wills and a deep desire to do good in this world. But I'm not going to force you to take this career path." She opens the book. "Would you like to be my assistants? Would you like to help me help people help themselves? It's a rewarding job, and so many people, animals, and plants all over the world are expecting me to come save them from the doldrums these days that I really need some help. So if you'd like to join the team, just sign up in this book and we can start training first thing tomorrow morning. Are you in?"
"I'm in," Aaron says.
"Me too," Chelsea adds.

The three friends shake hands, laugh, and jump up, frozen in the air for a few seconds as is necessary in such comical superhero situations.

A new day is coming, and Uma is bringing it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Via Tony,

Hey,

I like the story line, I think you have a natural passion to write different creative story lines which is cool. I hope you keep it up and keep exploring...there is a lot of information out here, also questions and answers for everything. Knowing about them will give you more and more story ideas and personal possibilities. Do that course I told you about, it'll blow your mind. Ha, Take Care.

Unknown said...

So I just realized that there were link to videos embedded within the story. It brings more life to the stories and provides the reader with interesting tangents. I'm currently listening to Joe Cocker at Wood-stock as I write this comment. Your blog is incredibly creative and at the same time it sends very positive messages. Keep it up and try not too bummed out.

Karina said...

Hooray! Uma saved the day! I knew she could do it. I am so glad that davwhass pointed out the embedded links because I didn't realize that they were there. I agree, they really add to your story. I look forward to reading the next installment of Uma's adventures.